7/8/08

Recovering from the Marathon

I'm recovering well from the marathon I ran last Sunday. You can read my report here. I have hardly done much running this week and I have to say I have missed it. When you're shortest run normally is an hour long, then you drop to nothing you're going to have withdrawal symptoms!

It was necessary though to make sure I've recovered fully from the marathon, and I will start building up the miles again next week. An easy 45 minutes run tomorrow to start with.

The weather here has turned cold, and there was frost on the ground today, but this hasn't stopped me from taking cold baths. I've been doing it so long now that I'm used to it, and it no longer shocks me like it did when I first started. Indeed, we went away last weekend and there was a plunge pool -- a really cold pool next to the swimming pool -- and it was funny to see people and kids jumping in and saying how cold it was. I went in a few times and quite enjoyed it.

The reason I started with the cold baths is to help my muscles recover quicker after running, and I do think it helps.

No comments: