7/8/08

Trip to Prague (15th July 2007)

I'm all organised now for my trip to Prague at the end of next week. I have Czech koruni, I've booked a room at Hostel Podoli and my return flight is booked from Doncaster-Sheffield airport.

I will have a few days to wander around the city, write in my notebook, and drink a few beers, and catch up with some old friends. Should be an action packed 3 days, and I also have to carry on with my running training while I am there.

Also, got the new Prince album, Planet Earth today as it came free with the Mail on Sunday. Nearly forgot about it, but Helen saw the news on her new laptop, so we went to the shop to see if we could get a copy. Hundreds of people have it for sale on ebay -- for various prices, up to £8 or more, even though it says on it "not for resale....promotional copy only...etc"

So, a pretty good day altogether. Also this morning went for my long run for 2 hours -- according to the GPS I ran 13.9 miles. Just short of 14 miles in 2 hours. Pretty good, and it felt quite easy for the first hour; I was going along steadily and easily, and then after the first hour started to push the pace. Felt good, and sprinted at the end. Quite tired afterwards, but not that bad I suppose.

We also went to collect a piano stool we found on ebay -- not that far from where my parents live so we stopped there beforehand for lunch. Salad, ham, potatoes, chicken legs etc... Very good, though I wish I'd had a glass of wine as my dad did offer.

Anyway, not long till the trip to Prague, so I'm sure I'll drink quite a few glasses of vino and pivo there.

No comments: