5/24/05

It won't be long now until we're off on holiday. In a couple of weeks we're off on a camping trip to the Lake District, though we haven't really decided whereabouts, or made many plans beside saying we're going to camp in the Lake District for a week!

I have some excellent memories of the hills there, and a great walking trip with Trevor when we did the Coast to Coast walk. The weather was scorching, and we averaged around 28 miles a day through the mountains. Trevor started the walk fitter than me, but by the end I was getting into my stride, but he was tiring. (Not that I'm really competitive!)

Also I remember a birthday in my early teens when I climbed Great Gable on a school trip. Been years since I was there; I'll take some photos and post them here when we get back.

No comments: