4/20/08

Leaving Work

Well, how's married life you may ask? Just the same as life was like before we got married. It's good to be married, though, and I like wearing a ring. It goes well with the watch I got from Orlando, Florida.

Things are looking up generally. I'm leaving my 9 to 5 job in a few weeks - with the May bank holiday coming up, and a couple of days off that I have booked I won't be in the office much longer! Good stuff, to be frank I'm incredibly bored of the job, but I will miss some things about it. The routine - a strange thing to say - but I've been driving there everyday (except for days off, and holiday etc) since September 2005. Not quite 3 years, but nearly that long.

With the exception of my previous time running a Kleeneze business (you can see how I'm progressing since I've rejoined at Net Purpose) I haven't had a job that has lasted this long! Indeed, this is also the first time that I've had a pension.

Some people may think that at my age this is a travesty. Never had a pension, cor, it's about time you got yourself one. Well, I agree with the idea of saving for the future, but there are many ways to save for your retirement. You can build a part time business, invest your money into property or save into an ISA (cash or stocks and shares). You do not necessarily need a company pension scheme. If your company has a good scheme it may be a good idea to join it, but it's not essential.

I've not decided yet what I'll do about my company pension.

No comments: