10/28/08

Worksop Half Marathon Result

Well, I had a good run in the Worksop Half Marathon on Sunday. I have to say that it is not an easy run: the first mile is uphill so if you're keeping an eye on your pace I wouldn't be too worried that you're slower than you expect at this point.

The word that they use to describe races like this is undulating. Lots of gradual hills that you might not notice, but very few flat parts (I don't remember any flat sections), and well what goes up must come down, and the last mile is all downhill. Run as fast as you can to the finish, but don't run too fast, and whatever you do don't fall over in your desire to get to the finish.

It's a well organised race, and as long as you're not bothered about drinking on your way round you're alright. There were 3 water stations on the route where people were handing out small plastic cups of water - I had one mouthful of water towards the end, but didn't really see the point in trying to drink much until I'd finished.

I've put my race result on the right. I'm quite happy with my race, and have recovered quite well. Oh, all race finishers got a £5 off voucher to be used at SheRunsHeRuns , and also a very nice t-shirt.

Here's a photo of me with my mum at the finish --

No comments: