11/12/08

Patience

Patience is important in everything we do in life whether this be running or learning any new skill or job. And with patience comes stickability. You need to stick at something long enough to improve to see the results. If after a few weeks or months you move onto something else you will not reach your full potential.

I know this from personal experience. Indeed, as a teenager I was able to turn my hand to most sports and do quite well. I enjoyed football, rugby, American football, badminton, tennis ( I had a coach for tennis, and she thought I had potential...)to name a few. Also, I excelled at English and History at school, and went on to university to study Modern History.

I am patient and do stick at things, but I have allowed myself to be knocked off course in life. Being of aware of this is the first step towards change. And keeping my mind on my main aim in life - constantly reminding myself of it - will stop me from straying from the path again. After all we may think we live forever, but when years go by we cannot recapture them again.

It is a mistake to look backward and say if I had continued training hard in 1994 and 1995 I could have been a better runner, or if I had done this my life would have been so much different. I am content with my life, and have had a wide variety of great experiences.

I need to focus on the present, and move forward from there, and things will then happen to achieve success.

I am moving forward with my running; this is the most important part of my life. Running makes sense to me, and as long as I am following my running schedule to the best of my ability then I am happy.

No comments: