2/28/07

Huddersfield 10k

I ran the Huddersfield 10k on Sunday. A very tough race, and it didn't help that I started too near the back of the field. I got to the start and wasn't sure which was the back or the front of the field, but I shouldn't realised I was at the back when people around me were saying what time they were aiming for -- "52 minutes would be good".

Anyway I weaved my way through the field and went up those steep hills still passing people then as fast as I could on the downhills (that was tough because it was really too steep in parts-- got pain in my back, and felt the pressure on my knees on a downhill near the end)-- passed a lot of people, then decided to outsprint a guy wearing a Keele University top.

He's not beating me, I'll not let my mind waver, I'm finishing in front of himJust pipped him at the post in a time of approx 50 minutes.

Hope for a better start, and a better time (45 minutes?) at the Dronfield 10k.

No comments: