10/1/09

West Pinchbeck 10k

I went to run the West Pinchbeck 10k instead of the Clumber 10k because it was supposed to be a fast flat course. Yes, it was a good run, well organised and flat, and in good conditions could be one for fast times. However I did not count on the weather - very hot and sunny. Of course given this I should have started slower and increased the pace later on if I felt good.

I went out fast and was near the front for the first 3km. After this I started imperceptibly to drift backwards. More people started to go past. From about 7km onwards I struggled to keep up with people as they passed.

I know I can run a lot better than this. Maybe I'm not quite in 35 minute 10k shape but I should have certainly run better. Never mind I am looking forward to the Leicester marathon in a couple of weeks time.

No comments: