6/25/12

When will Fuge Speak?

How many years can you go between posts before blogger deletes your blog? Or more importantly how long does it take to lose a blogs readership or followers?

On the second point I think it can happen very quickly. A matter of weeks between posts and most readers of a blog will have gone. Months between and I suppose some readers will stick around and get used to the fact that that there's only an update now and again. But wait a year before writing anything else and I'm sure you shouldn't be surprised if no one visits your blog anymore.

If you get to this point is it then advisable to delete your blog and start a new one, or to desert the blog scene? Or can you reignite an old blog, make it into something far more valuable than it was before with lots of interested new readers?

The problem for me is the immediacy of a blog. You look at it and think, or I just post and go, no problem, I can do that. So you post a few lines then come back later and post a few more, but if you're anything like me you look at it and think, well it doesn't look very good, and why should people be interested in the fact that I had a coffee in the morning, or that I went for a run.

Of course this is also writing, and therein lies another problem. The problem with Facebook et al as well. People just blurt out what is in their head and commit it to the web, I know that is what I used to do. And so it's not surprising that most of the time it isn't worth reading. And for someone like me it's not surprising that many many months pass by without any words.

This blog is called Fugespeaks and I can imagine people sitting around thinking how ironic that blog is when was the last time that that fellow actually said anything? So when I actually get around to "speaking" you might expect something worthwhile, so I hope you're not disappointed.

No comments: