7/16/08

Fostering

There are many things I could write about, but at the moment this is supposed to be confidential, and not things that can really be shared on any old blog.

I can write about life in general, though, and about certain behaviours without naming any names. For the last few months I have become a full time foster carer, and have had to deal with lots of challenging behaviour.

The child in our care is nearly old enough to leave care, however his behaviour varies between that of a much younger child, and to the opposite extreme of someone much older. At times we do not know what he will do and are fearful in our own home, at other times he is asking all the child like questions -- "what we having for tea...", "why can't I go out with you...", "can I have some chocolate, oh please....."etc

He wants to be in charge all the time, and doesn't like it if people tell him what to do. He has an attachment disorder, which is very common among kids in care.

Anyway, it is very draining being around him for very long, and that is one reason I have not written here very much. Also, I have my part time business, which has been suffering a bit recently due to the upheaval of the last few weeks.

No comments: