11/2/08

Don't you just love Parking Meters

Why do parking meters reject your cash?

1)They can tell that your money is counterfeit.
2)The meter is occupied by a 2-foot tall genie who is having fun..haha let's reject the next 5 coins to really annoy him!
3)The parking meter has reached his quota for 50 pence pieces for the day.
4)It's been a long time since they got someone fined for not buying a ticket.
5)Because it's raining.
6)Because there's a big queue waiting to buy tickets.
7)Because it's run out of tickets.

Well, yes, today I was buying a parking ticket and read the sign "60p for an hour(or part thereof)", and thought well I need to pay for 2 and a half hours, so that will be £1.50p, but then the parking ticket said I'd only paid for 2 hours, so I thought something's not right here! I went to ask at the reception, and they said if I wanted to pay for 2 and a half hours I would need to pay £1.80p as even though I only wanted another half an hour that would still cost me 60p...!

Then, I had the fun of feeding cash in the meter again (after getting the money back for the previous ticket..), and for the coins to run right out the other end.

Plus, loads of the vending machines at the swimming baths were out of order, would only take the correct change, or would spit back out my pound coin....

No comments: