7/29/05

Last day at work

My last day working at the magistrates court today. Got mixed feelings. Glad to be out of there, but at the same time I'd got used to the job & knew what I was doing; I developed a routine for the job.

And after a settling in period I was left pretty much alone to get on with the job, make decisions without having to ask someone else all the time. I was covering for a woman who was going on maternity leave. It was a relief when she left because she was so rude, bossy, and had a superiority complex.

But a superiority complex merely masks an inferiority complex.

I was dreading her return to work mainly because I'd been asked to help her out for a week-- to do an extra week of work. So much so that I'd thought of not going back! Anyway, when it came to it it wasn't so bad. I approached the week with a sense of humour, and I didn't have to spend all the time in the office as I was able to spend a good amount of time in the print room.

When she left the office everyone else would talk about her, and the way she was brown nosing to the manager. Quite striking how everyone found her as annoying as I did, so I felt lucky that I didn't have to go back next week.

I was surprised by the fact that I got some nice leaving presents and a card. I hadn't expected anything. A rough guide to Paris, and a book called the best walks in Britain. I worked with some nice people there, but you have to move on and I couldn't keep travelling that far to work for much longer.

No comments: