2/15/07

Escaping the Boredom

A bit up and down workwise this week, one day virtually nothing to do, but last couple of days the tasks have been mounting up. This is good; I prefer to be busy, and it's my idea of a nightmare sitting there with nothing to do, but make small talk, or drink cups of tea.

I don't mind drinking tea, and enjoy relaxing, but it gets boring after too long.

Ran for 37 minutes this morning-- covered about 4 miles. This evening did 25 minutes on exercise bike, then 30 minutes on rowing machine. Did this in the loft while listening to 6 Music, the BBC channel on digital radio. They played some good, varied music, and had to turn the sound up when Prince's Live for Love came on. Also, had the song, Victoria by The Fall, and a cover version of a Bob Dylan rarety "Got You with Mine" by an indie guitar group. Far better exercising in the loft than going to the gym; you are surrounded by tvs there, and you only get a few radio channels. Plus, if you go on the treadmill it's virtually impossible to wear your headphones...speaking for myself that is....because as I build up speed I knock them off my ears.

No comments: